Jogger bitten by dog in park in Colchester Lane, Lexden
- Credit: NEWS
A jogger was reportedly wounded after being bitten by a dog while running in a north Essex park.
The man was jogging in the park in Colchester Lane, Lexden, at about 9.15am on Sunday when the alleged attack happened.
A woman and man were walking towards the man with a black labrador on a lead.
The woman is said to have picked up the dog, which “reared up” and bit the victim on his elbow as he passed, police said.
His top was reportedly torn and he suffered a minor wound.
Officers want to speak to the two people who were with the dog.
The woman was white, aged in her late 50s, of slim build with dark shoulder length hair. She was walking the black labrador.
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 3 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 4 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 5 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 6 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 7 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 8 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 9 Photo gallery: Needham Market v Ipswich Town
- 10 Town haven't taken option to sign Bakinson
The man is described as white, aged in his late 50s, and of medium build. He was walking a small to medium sized sandy coloured terrier.
Anyone with information is asked to call Pc Lindsay Black at Colchester police station on 101.
Alternatively call independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.