Jogger bitten by dog in park in Colchester Lane, Lexden
- Credit: NEWS
A jogger was reportedly wounded after being bitten by a dog while running in a north Essex park.
The man was jogging in the park in Colchester Lane, Lexden, at about 9.15am on Sunday when the alleged attack happened.
A woman and man were walking towards the man with a black labrador on a lead.
The woman is said to have picked up the dog, which “reared up” and bit the victim on his elbow as he passed, police said.
His top was reportedly torn and he suffered a minor wound.
You may also want to watch:
Officers want to speak to the two people who were with the dog.
The woman was white, aged in her late 50s, of slim build with dark shoulder length hair. She was walking the black labrador.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
The man is described as white, aged in his late 50s, and of medium build. He was walking a small to medium sized sandy coloured terrier.
Anyone with information is asked to call Pc Lindsay Black at Colchester police station on 101.
Alternatively call independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.