New president for Long Melford branch of Royal British Legion
- Credit: Archant
A new president of the Long Melford branch of the Royal British Legion has been elected.
John Nunn, who is a parish and district councillor for Long Melford, will take over the role from outgoing president Basil Cooper.
Mr Cooper, who has been a loyal servant to the branch for many years, will remain a member and continue to support the Royal British Legion.
Members of the Long Melford branch of The Royal British Legion recently joined thousands on a pilgrimage of remembrance to a World War One battlefield, which culminated in a parade and ceremony in Belgium.
Legion members Matt Baker and Martin Richards represented the Long Melford Branch and the local community at the event, as standard bearer and wreath layer respectively.
You may also want to watch:
They joined more than 2,200 other RBL representatives and dignitaries, including civil and military guests from the UK.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 8 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 9 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 10 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results