Ed Sheeran’s advice to Game of Thrones star, Kit Harington, persuaded him to set up base in Suffolk
- Credit: PA
Game of Thrones star Kit Harington has admitted that Suffolk legend Ed Sheeran persuaded him to live in the county while he was on a quest to find a new home.
In an interview with BBC Radio Suffolk’s Lesley Dolphin, Harington, who grew up in Worcestershire, spoke of his fondness for Suffolk.
Harington said: “I’ve had a place in Suffolk for about a year and a half now. I love the county.
“I’m friends with Ed [Sheeran] and it was Ed who said to me why don’t you go and have a look in my county. I did and I ended up there.
“I was looking all over for a place. I looked in many different areas of the country. I was actually looking in Norfolk and then I kept driving through Suffolk and thinking, I really quite like this county.
“So I found my own little spot in the county of Suffolk and I’m now a Suffolk boy. I love it. It is really special to me.”
Harington appeared on the radio show to talk about his stage appearance in “True West”, a fast paced dark comedy at the Vaudeville Theatre in London.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 8 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 9 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
He also spoke about the final series of Game of Thrones which is going to air in April.
He lives in central Suffolk in a property worth a reported £1.75 million.