Ed Sheeran’s advice to Game of Thrones star, Kit Harington, persuaded him to set up base in Suffolk
- Credit: PA
Game of Thrones star Kit Harington has admitted that Suffolk legend Ed Sheeran persuaded him to live in the county while he was on a quest to find a new home.
In an interview with BBC Radio Suffolk’s Lesley Dolphin, Harington, who grew up in Worcestershire, spoke of his fondness for Suffolk.
Harington said: “I’ve had a place in Suffolk for about a year and a half now. I love the county.
“I’m friends with Ed [Sheeran] and it was Ed who said to me why don’t you go and have a look in my county. I did and I ended up there.
“I was looking all over for a place. I looked in many different areas of the country. I was actually looking in Norfolk and then I kept driving through Suffolk and thinking, I really quite like this county.
You may also want to watch:
“So I found my own little spot in the county of Suffolk and I’m now a Suffolk boy. I love it. It is really special to me.”
Harington appeared on the radio show to talk about his stage appearance in “True West”, a fast paced dark comedy at the Vaudeville Theatre in London.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
He also spoke about the final series of Game of Thrones which is going to air in April.
He lives in central Suffolk in a property worth a reported £1.75 million.