Court hearing adjourned for man accused of ‘coughing over people’ in Co-op
- Credit: Google
A court hearing has been adjourned for a man accused of coughing on people in a Suffolk branch of the Co-op.
Jonathan Steele, 34, of Redlingfield Road, in Eye, has been charged with causing harassment, alarm or distress, using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or disorderly behaviour.
He was also charged with resisting arrest by a police constable.
Police responded to reports on Saturday, March 28 that an individual wearing a mask was seen to be coughing over people in the Co-op shop in Church Street in the town.
Steele was due to appear at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court for a plea hearing today but the case was adjourned after he failed to attend.
You may also want to watch:
A new date has been set for June 26.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 5 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse