Greater Anglia trains delayed after vehicle strikes bridge
- Credit: Archant
Train delays are expected this evening after a vehicle has crashed into a bridge on the Ipswich to London Liverpool Street line.
The incident occurred before 4.45pm between Bridge Street in Witham and Henry Dixon Road in Rivenhall End South.
Greater Anglia have tweeted: “Following a vehicle striking a bridge between Kelvedon and Witham the line is now open.
“Services are returning to normal but some services may still be cancelled, delayed or revised.”
Greater Anglia have warned that disruption is expected until 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Services are also disrupted between Manningtree and Harwich Town.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 9 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home