Kensington Palace has announced details of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding
- Credit: PA
Kensington Palace has announced the details of Prince Harry and bride-to-be Meghan Markle’s wedding.
The royal and American actress are set to get married in May at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.
Meghan Markle, the Suits actress, will become a senior HRH on marrying into the royals and intends to become a British citizen.
Ms Markle, a protestant who went to a catholic high school, will also be baptised ready for the religious ceremony.
The Palace has announced that the Royal family will pay for the wedding, including the church service, the music, the flowers and the reception.
You may also want to watch:
Harry’s communication’s secretary Jason Knauf said Windsor was a “very special place” for Harry, and that he and Ms Markle had spent time there together during their 16-month romance.
He said the couple were delighted to be holding the wedding in the “beautiful grounds of Windsor”.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 6 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 7 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 10 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
Mr Knauf said the couple, who were grateful for the warm wishes from the public, would be putting their stamp on their wedding day.
“They will be making sure it reflects who they are as a couple,” he said.
Kensington Palace also revealed that Harry and Ms Markle will carry out their first official engagement together in Nottingham on Friday.