Kesgrave/Little Bealings: Police issue security warning after shed burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Police have urged residents to step up their security after a series of shed burglaries.
Thieves broke in to a shed in the back garden of a home in Elmers Lane, Kesgrave and stole an orange and black KTM 350cc motorcycle, which had been secured within the padlocked shed.
The incident took place between 10pm on Monday, May 27 and 6am on Tuesday, May 28.
In Little Bealings, meanwhile, a would-be thief spotted taking an item from a shed fled the scene via the back of a property in the Lodge Road area at around 9pm on Tuesday.
The man is described as white, in his late 20s to early 30s, about 5ft 7in tall, of medium to stocky build, with short dark hair, wearing a dark coloured boiler suit with white marking on the back.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: “Police are urging anyone storing valuable items in sheds to consider fitting a relatively inexpensive alarm that will alert you if someone tries to break in as well as making it uncomfortable for the burglar.
“These are often available for under £10 and, along with locks, will help increase the security of your shed or garage.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
Witnesses to these incidents are urged to come forward. Call police on 101.