Kesgrave: Man suffers minor burns after kitchen fire

A MAN has suffered minor burns to his hands after a kitchen fire started in a bungalow.

At 3.35pm two appliances, one from Ipswich East and one from Princes Street were sent to a bungalow fire on Main Road, Kesgrave.

The first crew was in attendance by about 3.45pm and found the fire was in the kitchen of the bungalow which was extinguished using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a covering jet.

One male casualty was treated by the ambulance service for minor burns to his hands.

The fire was under control at about 4.05pm and both crews were back at their stations by 4.50pm.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter