Prizes handed out at King Edward VI School’s annual awards evening
- Credit: Archant
Pride and joy were just two of the emotions of students from King Edward VI School, in Bury St Edmunds, who were presented with certificates and prizes at their annual awards evening.
Held at St Edmundsbury Cathedral a total of 160 students from across all year groups received their accolades from guest of honour Sir John Rowling for their outstanding effort, commitment and excellence in academia.
Other people attending included prize winners’ friends and families and representatives from the Bury Schools Partnership, the Old Burians’ Association, and the school’s Foundation Trustees.
Sir John was a teacher for 40 years.
In 2002 he wrote “Heading Towards Excellence” which he followed up two years later with “Changing Towards Excellence”.
You may also want to watch:
In 2003 Sir John was awarded a knighthood for “Services for Education”. He is founder director of PiXL, an organisation dedicated to providing the very best advice and inspiration for schools across the country.
Beverley Tucker, deputy headteacher, said: “King Edward VI School is proud to be a member of Sir John Rowling’s PiXL family. We recognise the benefits it provides including enabling us to plan the very best educational experiences for our students as well as high-quality training for our staff.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
“We were delighted and honoured that Sir John was able to be with us at our annual awards evening.
“It was a truly inspirational event during which our students’ achievements, abilities and aspirations were celebrated. They never fail to amaze and inspire us. How lucky we are to work with such incredible young people.”