King takes over as Miskowiak signs
DANNY King, 22, has been handed the captain's role for the rest of the season.Danny will take over the role from Leigh Lanham as he makes way for Robert Miskowiak to return to the side.
DANNY King, 22, has been handed the captain's role for the rest of the season.
Danny will take over the role from Leigh Lanham as he makes way for Robert Miskowiak to return to the side.
“It is an honour to be asked to take on the captaincy although I wish it was under different circumstances,” Danny said.
“I enjoyed it when I was filling in for Leigh earlier in the season and I will be talking to Chris (Louis) to find out what I can do to make sure I do the best job possible.
“He served the club through thick and thin as captain so no one knows better. It's always tough when team changes are made because you know it could be you, but we have to move on and I'm really looking forward to welcoming Robert back for next weeks meeting.
“I get the feeling he will be pretty determined to show the fans why he should have had a team spot from the off.”
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 4 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 5 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 6 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 7 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 8 A12 and A14 set for upgrades after £200m investment in Suffolk roads
- 9 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 10 Mike Bacon: 'Kieron Dyer is in reception... Yes, he's on crutches'
On making his decision to name Danny as captain Peter Simmons said: “I was impressed with Danny when he filled in for Leigh earlier in the season and his attitude and performances so far this year make him the obvious choice.”