Kirby Cross: More than 650 people left without power as overhead power line falls
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 650 people were left without power today after engineers were called out to deal with an overhead power line that had fallen.
The incident happened in Halstead Road, Kirby Cross at around 5pm, leaving 679 people without power.
More than a dozen people remain without power as engineers continue to deal with the incident this evening.
A UK Power Networks spokesman said: “Engineers are working to repair an overhead power line which has come down in Halstead Road, Kirby Cross.
“We temporarily turned off power supplies to 679 customers for 15 minutes to begin repair work, and restored power to most by 4.52pm.
You may also want to watch:
“We are currently working to finish the repair and restore power to the final 16 customers who are currently without supplies.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam