Kitchen fire blaze extinguished in Lakenheath

Bury fire crews tackle a kebab shop fire.

Bury fire crews tackle a kebab shop fire. - Credit: Archant

Crews extinguished a kitchen fire which was ‘well alight’ in a bungalow in Lakenheath.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue was called to Highfields Drive at around 4.45pm yesterday.

On arrival crews, from Brandon and Mildenhall, found the kitchen well alight. They used breathing apparatus and water to extinguish the fire by around 5.30pm.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter