Knickers to that
According to a new national survey, British women own three times as many pairs of knickers in 2012 as they did at the turn of the century.
Some 56% of British women admit they now own two collections of knickers – one made up of fancy lingerie for special occasions and another for everyday comfort.
Laundry people Beckmann reckon that at one time the average British woman will own 34 pairs of knickers – 14 for best and 20 everyday pairs.
That is almost three times the number (12 pairs) that they owned in 1999, according to 45% of the 2,000 women who responded to the nationwide poll.
Once again, I fall short. I don’t have any for best unless you count the uncomfortable ones (thongs) I never wear – not even by special request, submitted in writing. And then, why would anyone need 34 pairs of knickers?
Unless, and I’m guessing, they don’t throw away the old faded ones with the flabby elastic and floppy gussets.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off