Knodishall car fire extinguished by Leiston crew
- Credit: Archant
Crews spent around an hour at the scene of a car fire in Knodishall last night.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to Leiston Road in the east Suffolk village around 11.45pm.
Firefighters from Leiston arrived and fought the fire with a hose reel – getting close to the blaze using two sets of breathing apparatus.
The fire was under control by 12.45am this morning.
Earlier yesterday fire crews got a call to Cornwall Road in Felixstowe. There was a report of a fire in the open around 8pm.
Following further calls to the emergency service that the fire had spread to a garage, control sent out a second crew from Felixstowe to help. On arrival firefighters used hose reels to combat the fire. The blaze was under control by 8.30pm.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch