Lakenheath: man who died in weekend collision named as 22-year-old John Joe Scott from Wingfield Road
- Credit: Archant
A man who died as a result of a single vehicle road traffic collision in Lakenheath has been named by police.
22-year-old John Joe Scott from Wingfield Road, Lakenheath died after the car in which he was a passenger collided with a tree.
Police were called to the scene of the collision along the Undley Road, Beck Row Common, Lakenheath at around 5.45am, Saturday 19 October.
A blue Ford Focus collided with a tree and Mr Scott was sadly pronounced deceased at the scene.
The 20-year-old male driver of the car, from Cambridgeshire, is currently on police bail having been arrested on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol and causing death by dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to return to the Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre on 18 December 2013.
Police are continuing with their enquiries and anyone who witnessed the collision or saw the vehicle travelling along the road prior to the collision taking place are asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 8 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 9 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash