Lakenheath: Police renew appeal for information one month after Connie Hallford, 89, attacked at home by burglars
- Credit: Archant
Police in Suffolk have renewed their appeal for information to catch those responsible for an attack on an 89-year-old woman that left her in hospital.
Connie Hallford was knocked to the ground as three burglars ransacked her home in Arrowhead Drive, Lakenheath at around 8pm on February 17, leaving her with a cut to the head the size of a 50p piece.
One of the men struck her, knocking her to the floor, and made a demand for money while the other two men searched the house before leaving via the back of the property.
After agreeing to waive her anonymity in a bid for more people to come forward with information, she described the attack as “frightening” but insisted she was determined to live her life because she was brought up “to be brave”.
And one month on from the attack, detectives have today reiterated their appeal for information to help trace those responsible.
Detective inspector David Giles, of Suffolk Constabulary, who is overseeing the investigation said: “We have a dedicated team of officers working on this case who are determined to find those responsible for this despicable crime.
“The response so far has been encouraging but we still need the vital piece of information to help move the investigation forward.
“Connie is receiving the appropriate support and care she needs and I am pleased to say that she is doing well, but it would be good to be able to reassure her soon that we have caught those responsible.”
- 1 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 2 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 3 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 4 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 5 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 6 Suspected drink driver arrested after three cars damaged in crash
- 7 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 8 Dobra signs for Cook's Chesterfield after Ipswich departure
- 9 Woman in 30s seriously injured after crash in south Suffolk
- 10 Ed's guitar raffle pays for new Music Ark in primary school
Meanwhile officers have taken more than 60 witness statements and carried out a number of enquiries including house-to-house visits, viewing of CCTV in the area and a forensic examination of the house.
All three of the men are described as wearing dark clothing and had their faces largely covered.
Police are also keen to trace the occupants of a black Vauxhall car that was seen in the Back Lane area of Lakenheath around 7.30pm on February 17.
Mrs Hallford continues to be cared for in a Suffolk care home following the incident.
Call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555111.