Landfill search for RAF serviceman Corrie McKeague to resume next week
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The resumption of the search for Corrie McKeague at the Milton landfill site will begin next week, police have confirmed.
The extended search, which will begin on Monday, October 23, is expected to take around four to six weeks and will concentrate on an area of Cell 22 next to the site of the earlier search.
The indications are this is the next most likely area where Corrie could be, according to Suffolk police.
The force says careful re-checking of the data available to the major investigation team has concluded the area of the original 20-week search is still the location where there was the highest likelihood of finding Corrie.
However, police stressed that the nature of waste disposal and its movement is not a precise science, hence the requirement to extend the search.
You may also want to watch:
The RAF Honington serviceman was last seen on a CCTV camera entering an alleyway in Brentgovel Street, Bury St Edmunds, just after 3.20am on September 24 last year. He had been on a night out in the town and had told friends he intended on walking back to the base.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast