Landmark water tower put up for sale
ONE of Colchester's most prominent landmarks has been put up for sale.Jumbo, the water tower in the heart of the town centre, will sold at an auction in London next month.
By Juliette Maxam
ONE of Colchester's most prominent landmarks has been put up for sale.
Jumbo, the water tower in the heart of the town centre, will sold at an auction in London next month.
The 131ft building is being sold with planning permission for it to be converted into a luxury home.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Murphy, of independent property consultants Allsop, which is holding the auction, said: “It's so difficult to value because it's unique. It could be anything from £1,000 to £1million. If we only get £100, I'll sell it for that.”
Mr Murphy said he believed the current owners were nearing retirement age and wished to move abroad.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 7 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 8 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 9 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 10 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton