Split manhole cover closes lane on the A12
- Credit: Archant
A manhole cover on the A12 northbound has been split forcing a lane to be closed while work is undertaken.
Suffolk police say they were called to the road at around 8.20am this morning.
The split manhole cover is around 200 yards from the off slip road at Capel, just before the Esso garage.
Police say Suffolk Highways are aware and one lane heading northbound towards Ipswich remains closed for now.
The closure is causing queuing traffic from Holton St Mary back to junction 30 with Stratford St Mary and Dedham on the A12.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 6 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 7 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 8 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run