Lane closed on A14 after lorry collides with horsebox
- Credit: NSRAPT
A horse has been injured after a horsebox and HGV collided on the A14 near Rougham.
Police were called to the crash heading westbound between junctions 46 and 45 at 2.50pm this afternoon.
A lorry reportedly collided with a horse box, which had broken down on the road.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (NSRAPT) tweeted: “Units still on scene A14 WB Rougham pending recovery of the HGV and horsebox involved in RTC earlier. Expect continued delays.”
Officers also warned motorists to avoid ‘rubbernecking’ after a second collision on the eastbound side of the carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk police said that the horse had sustained injuries, but they were not thought to be serious.
He added that the other occupants of the vehicles were unharmed.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
The lane remains closed while recovery for the vehicles is arranged.