Large gorse fire tackled by crews
FOUR fire crews tackled a large blaze in Knodishall tonight, which spread across two acres of heath land.The fire broke out at about 6.50pm at The Common.
FOUR fire crews tackled a large blaze in Knodishall tonight, which spread across two acres of heath land.
The fire broke out at about 6.50pm at The Common. Crews from Leiston, Saxmundham, Framlingham and Aldeburgh attended the scene and battled to extinguish the flames, despite windy weather.
One onlooker, who lives nearby, said: “The flames were about 50ft high. This has happened before on The Common but not on this scale.
“There were lots of people that had come out to watch it. There was lot of smoke blowing everywhere too because of the wind.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident was finished by 8.30pm.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 8 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action