Fire crews tackle ‘large’ vehicle fire on A14 at Coddenham
- Credit: Archant
The A14 near Coddenham has reopened after fire crews tackled a ‘large’ vehicle fire on a slip road this morning.
Police were called at around 5.55am today, Monday, December 4, to reports of the blaze on the westbound sliproad at Coddenham towards Stowmarket.
Police, ambulance and fire crews from Needham Market and Stowmarket were sent to the scene.
A police spokeswoman said the driver had received a minor burn injury and had been taken to hospital.
“It is a large fire on the on-slip,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
One lane of the A14 westbound was closed by police officers to allow cars backed up on the slip road to clear the scene.
Recovery are now on scene and the car will soon be clear of the slip road.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 9 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 10 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
A spokeswoman added: “Recovery got to the scene at around 7.45am.
“The slip road will reopen imminently.
“The vehicle has been burned out.”
Stay with us for further updates.