Revealed? - Latitude’s secret set for 2018
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The waiting is almost over - this year’s Latitude secret set is strongly tipped to be a very famous singer.
Liam Gallagher, the former lead singer of Britpop superstars Oasis, is believed to be on his way to Henham Park in Suffolk for a secret performance.
The singer, whose solo career has taken off in leaps and bounds this year, tweeted a “welcome to Suffolk sign”, saying “Lovely, this time of year, so I hear”.
Liam Gallagher is expected to give his performance later today.
Mother-of-two Catherine Shipley, 28, of Oulton Broad, was excited about the Gallagher rumours: “Wow – it would be massive if Liam played.
You may also want to watch:
“A real treat. I have come just for Saturday because I really want to see the Killers but add a legend to that would be immense.”
The singer had been due to play a series of shows across Europe later this year, but postponed the tour to concentrate on his second solo album. His debut solo offering, As You Were, released in October, has been one of the fast-selling albums of the decade.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
If Liam Gallagher is confirmed as the secret performer, he will be following in the footsteps of Ed Sheeran, Rudimental, Thom Yorke, Snow Patrol and Tom Jones.
In the build-up to the festival, Latitude had been teasing fans by saying: “There are lots of rumours about who could perform at secret set at Latitude this summer. Festival organisers have confirmed the secret act will “Iconic”’. This is possibly the biggest secret set Latitude has ever booked.”