Man arrested over serious sexual assault at Latitude festival
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man has been arrested in connection to a serious sexual assault at this year’s Latitude Festival.
Officers investigating the reported attack at the music festival in Henham, Suffolk, made the arrest in Sussex on the evening of Tuesday, August 13.
A 20-year-old man was questioned in police custody.
He was subsequently released under investigation pending further enquiries.
The incident reportedly occurred in the red camping area of the festival between 10pm and 11pm on Saturday, July 20.
Suffolk Constabulary had reported at the time that they were supporting the victim with specialist trained officers.
The police issued a list of advice at the time of the attack to warn festival goers to stay safe this summer, including:
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 5 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 6 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 7 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 8 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 9 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 10 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- Stick with your friends and look out for each other.
- Don't go off alone.
- Remember no means no.
- There is safety in groups. Set up camp near friends.