Man arrested over serious sexual assault at Latitude festival
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man has been arrested in connection to a serious sexual assault at this year’s Latitude Festival.
Officers investigating the reported attack at the music festival in Henham, Suffolk, made the arrest in Sussex on the evening of Tuesday, August 13.
A 20-year-old man was questioned in police custody.
He was subsequently released under investigation pending further enquiries.
The incident reportedly occurred in the red camping area of the festival between 10pm and 11pm on Saturday, July 20.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Constabulary had reported at the time that they were supporting the victim with specialist trained officers.
The police issued a list of advice at the time of the attack to warn festival goers to stay safe this summer, including:
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 8 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 9 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 10 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- Stick with your friends and look out for each other.
- Don't go off alone.
- Remember no means no.
- There is safety in groups. Set up camp near friends.