Latitude: Lily Allen steps in to host festival after last minute cancellation
- Credit: PA
Lily Allen has stepped in at the last minute to headline Latitude festival, following the announcement that Two Door Cinema Club had been forced to pull out.
The announcement comes just hours until the start of this year’s event at Henham Park, near Southwold.
Two Door Cinema Club had been due to headline the Obelisk Stage on Friday night - but will no longer be performing due to singer Alex Trimble being taken ill.
Instead, Lily Allen, whose third album, Sheezus, was released in May, will fill the headline slot.
Managing director of Festival Republic, Melvin Benn said: “It is with deep sadness that our longstanding supporters and Friday night headliner Two Door Cinema Club have had to cancel their performance under advice of doctors. We wish Alex all the best and a speedy recovery.
You may also want to watch:
“We are honoured that Lily Allen is able to step in at the last minute and would like to thank her for filling the headline slot. After her show stopping performance at Glastonbury Lily was a natural choice, the Latitude audience are in for something really spectacular.”
Lily Allen said:“So sorry to hear about Alex from Two Door Cinema Club. However I am more than happy to step in. I’ve never been to Latitude but I hear it’s fabulous and I can’t wait to get my heels on for some serious dancing action on Friday evening - so, so excited.”
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 4 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 5 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 RACE NIGHT LIVE! King's Lynn Stars v Ipswich Witches, Adrian Flux Arena
- 9 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 10 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
In a statement, Two Door Cinema Club, said: “It is with a heavy heart that we are going to need to cancel our upcoming shows at Latitude and Bournemouth Academy. Alex collapsed at Seattle airport on the way to London and has been hospitalised with a chronic stomach complaint. We are devastated to have to cancel shows that we were so looking forward to. We can only apologise and hope for your understanding at this time. Love TDCC x.”
Lily Allen will be joined on the bill by her father, Keith, who is staging Keith Allen’s Establishment Club alongside various guests and performers over the weekend.
Festival goers will also have a surprise guest performance on Friday evening.