Probation officer accused of disclosing confidential details
- Credit: ARCHANT
A Suffolk probation officer has appeared in court accused of disclosing confidential information to a client.
Before Ipswich Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing on Thursday (May 6) was Laura Nicholls, 28, of Fuller Way, Stowmarket.
She pleaded not guilty to two offences of misconduct in a judicial or public office between June and October last year.
The offences allege that, while acting as a probation officer, she disclosed confidential information about other probationers and her colleagues to a probationer under her supervision.
Judge Martyn Levett adjourned the case until June 17 for a further case management hearing and granted Fuller conditional bail.
No trial date was set.
- 1 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 2 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 3 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 4 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 5 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business