Probation officer accused of disclosing confidential details
- Credit: ARCHANT
A Suffolk probation officer has appeared in court accused of disclosing confidential information to a client.
Before Ipswich Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing on Thursday (May 6) was Laura Nicholls, 28, of Fuller Way, Stowmarket.
She pleaded not guilty to two offences of misconduct in a judicial or public office between June and October last year.
The offences allege that, while acting as a probation officer, she disclosed confidential information about other probationers and her colleagues to a probationer under her supervision.
Judge Martyn Levett adjourned the case until June 17 for a further case management hearing and granted Fuller conditional bail.
No trial date was set.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day