Layer Marney: Chance to uncover true value of dusty antiques with TV show Flog It!
- Credit: Archant
A popular antiques television programme is set to film in Essex next month.
Layer Marney Tower near Colchester will once again be playing host to a Flog It! free valuation day.
Like a treasure hunt, members of the public are invited to bring along up to three antiques and collectables they might be interested in selling.
Once valued, the owner and a team of experts decide whether the item should go forward to auction.
Louise Hibbins, series producer, said: “Paul Martin and the entire Flog It! team are really pleased to be bringing the show to Essex.
“Layer Marney Tower will provide the perfect setting for our valuation event and our experts are all looking forward to welcoming people along for their free valuations.
“If you’ve ever wondered how much your boot sale bargains or clutter in the loft might be worth, now is your chance to find out.”
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 3 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Army carries out controlled explosion of dummy tank shell in west Suffolk
- 6 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after death of child
- 7 Chasing a treble, style shift and potential debut - Burton v Ipswich talking points
- 8 Suffolk councillor can stay in role despite bribery sentence
- 9 Man dies following two-vehicle crash in west Suffolk town
- 10 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
If the lot is chosen to go to auction, it will be included in a sale a few weeks later with the hope it makes a tidy sum when the auctioneer hammer falls.
Two years ago, Layer Marney Tower hosted BBC Antiques Roadshow.
Nicholas Carrington, owner of the tower, said: “We are very excited about Paul Martin and the Flog It! team coming to Layer Marney.”
Presenter Paul Martin will be joined on the valuation day by on screen experts Philip Serrell and Elizabeth Talbot.
Flog It! will be at Layer Marney Tower on Wednesday, July 24, from 9.30am until 4pm. Items selected for auction will go under the hammer at Stacey’s Auctioneers and Valuers in Rayleigh on August 20.