Leiston: Five charged after attack in High Street leaves man with broken jaw
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press ÃÂ© 20
FIVE males have been charged after a 39-year-old man had his jaw broken in an early morning attack.
The incident happened in Leiston High Street around 1.30am on Saturday.
A 39-year-old man suffered head and facial injuries, including a broken jaw.
A 16-year-old boy from Leiston, who cannot be named because of his age, has been charged with GBH and has been bailed to appear at Lowestoft Magistrates Court on Tuesday, February 5.
Robiul Islam, 18, of Garrett Crescent in Leiston, has been charged with affray and was detained in custody overnight to appear before Lowestoft Magistrates Court this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Keiran O’Sullivan, 19, of no fixed abode, Brandon Crook, 18, of Old School Close in Leiston, and a 15-year-old boy from Leiston, who cannot be named because of his age, have all been charged with affray and have been bailed to appear at Lowestoft Magistrates Court on Tuesday, February 5.
Three others arrested in connection with the incident – a 16-year-old boy, a 21-year-old man and a 22-year-old man – have all been bailed to return to police on March 6, pending further enquiries.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 6 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 7 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 9 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash