Leiston: Man charged with false imprisonment, making threats to kill and affray
A 23-YEAR-OLD man is due to appear at Ipswich Magistrates Court today charged with false imprisonment, making threats to kill and affray.
The charges are in relation to an incident at an address in Farrow Close in Leiston in the early hours of Sunday September 30.
Police were called around 2.20am by a woman saying she wanted someone removed from the property. Officers attended but the man refused to leave the premises and negotiators were called in to talk to him.
He left the address around 6.30am and was arrested by officers.
He was taken into custody at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where he was interviewed by officers.
You may also want to watch:
Scott Abbott, 23, of Farrow Close in Leiston, was subsequently charged with the false imprisonment of two women and a child at the property, making threats to kill police officers, and affray and has been detained in custody overnight pending an appearance at magistrates today.
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more