Leiston man’s death in Grimsey Road house is murder, say police
The death of a man in Leiston yesterday is now being treated as murder.
The body of a man, who police say is “believed to be the elderly occupant” of the a property in Grimsey Road, was discovered at around 9.15am.
A post-mortem examination at Ipswich Hospital today found the cause of death to be compression of the neck.
Formal identification of the body is expected to take place tomorrow (Wednesday, June 17).
Inquiries have been taking place in the local area and a police presence remains at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The senior investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Kevin Hayward, said: “Extensive police enquiries into this incident have taken place since the discovery of the body yesterday morning and a key line of the investigation is that we do not believe this to be a random attack.
“All lines of enquiry will continue to be pursued and I would appeal to anyone who may have information in relation to this crime to contact the Major Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference LE/15/614.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 5 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 6 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn