Leiston OAP murder probe: Victim named as John Proctor - woman, 41, arrested on suspicion of murder
A 41-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder after an 80-year-old man was found dead at his Leiston home.
This afternoon detectives formally named the deceased as John Proctor of Grimsey Road, Leiston.
Officers from Suffolk Constabulary’s major investigation team have said the murder suspect - who is also from Leiston - will be interviewed at Martlesham police investigation centre.
Police have also said she was arrested at Ipswich Hospital.
Officers were contacted at around 9.15am on Monday to reports that the body of a man had been found at a house in Grimsey Road.
You may also want to watch:
A Home Office post-mortem examination took place at The Ipswich Hospital yesterday afternoon and concluded that the cause of death was compression of the neck.
A police scene remains in place at the man’s house and other enquiries have been taking place in the area.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
Tim Cracknell, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary, said: “Police continue to appeal for anyone who may have information in relation to this crime to contact the Major Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference LE/15/614.”