Lexus Ipswich golf day tees up Whizz-Kidz boost
- Credit: supplied
Lexus Ipswich hosted its annual golf day as a thank you to their loyal customers.
With a fantastic turnout of 63 golfers, customers and their guests, the day got off to a good start with bacon rolls and ended with a barbecue dinner.
There was a lot of excitement on the day with the winning pair of Richard Watson and John Shapland getting the prize of a day for two at Woburn Golf Club with chauffeur service, a game of golf and breakfast and lunch.
Prizes of champagne went to Dick Barton for nearest the pin in two, Andrew Snowling for nearest the pin and Stuart Tyler who beat the pro, Phil Westley, on the 13th hole.
At this year’s event Lexus Ipswich held a charity auction in aid of Whizz-Kidz – Jardine Motors Group’s charitable partner. The charity is a natural fit with Jardine Motor Group – children in need, local community relevance and motorised wheels.
Since Whizz-Kidz was founded in 1990, it has transformed the lives of more than 18,000 disabled children. It has provided essential mobility equipment to help young disabled people to be independent, it runs youth groups, wheelchair skills training sessions, residential and work placements to help young people develop and reach their potential.
The auction raised £2,100 thanks to the generosity of Lexus customers and guests. Customers bid on a wide variety of items ranging from work by a local artist, hampers of food and champagne, golf equipment, luxury golf trips, including chauffeur service to and from the venue on the day, and one lucky bidder secured the Lexus RC-F for a weekend including an hour’s flying lesson.
- 1 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 2 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 3 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 4 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 5 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 6 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 7 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 8 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
- 9 'I'm almost getting fed goals on a plate... there's no better feeling' - Town match-winner Burns loving life at Ipswich
- 10 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
All the prizes were donated by Lexus Ipswich Friends which include Eastern Light Photography, The Gainsborough Spa, Hintlesham Golf Club, Jimmy’s Farm, John Olivers, Kesgrave Arts, Milsoms Kesgrave, Waitrose, The Wine Company of Colchester and Woburn Golf Club.
For any more information on this wonderful charity that you have supported visit www.whizz-kidz.org.uk/