More than a thousand homes without power after huge storm sweeps in
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of homes are without power after a massive storm swept across Suffolk and Essex
Harwich was the first to feel the force of the storm before it worked its way up the coast and into Suffolk.
The power cuts were reported after huge thunderstorms crawled across the county at around 9pm this evening.
Homes in Ipswich, Holbrook, Kesgrave, Bildeston, Woolpit, Elmswell, Melton, Woodbridge, Coddenham and Westerfield are known to be without power.
UK power networks say that the cuts have been caused by faults in high voltage overhead electricity lines which engineers have been called to fix.
Areas known to have power losses include
You may also want to watch:
- 950 homes in 20 postcodes including south parts of Ipswich, Holbrook, Kesgrave, Bildeston, Woolpit and Elmswell.
- 280 homes around Melton and Woodbridge
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 8 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 9 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 10 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 160 homes are without power in the Coddenham and Westerfield areas.