Linen factory goes up in flames
FIREFIGHTERS from 13 different stations in Essex tackled a blaze at an industrial unit during the early hours of this morning.
FIREFIGHTERS from eight different stations in Essex tackled a blaze at an industrial unit during the early hours of this morning.
Some 35 firefighters attended the fire at County Linen, Widford Industrial Estate, Chelmsford in which no one was hurt.
Crews were alerted at 2.58am after fire alarms went off in the single storey industrial unit measuring 50m x 60m. On arrival at the incident, firefighters reported that the building was well alight and heavily smoke logged.
Two engines were sent to tackle the incident, but additional back up was needed and by 3.20am six pumps and one aerial ladder platform were being used to douse the flames.
You may also want to watch:
A joint police and fire service investigation will today be carried out to establish the cause of the fire, which is not thought to be suspicious.
An almost identical incident happened at the same building on October 25.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 A12 closed following serious collision
- 5 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 6 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 9 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 10 Air ambulance called to medical emergency