Linen factory goes up in flames
FIREFIGHTERS from 13 different stations in Essex tackled a blaze at an industrial unit during the early hours of this morning.
FIREFIGHTERS from eight different stations in Essex tackled a blaze at an industrial unit during the early hours of this morning.
Some 35 firefighters attended the fire at County Linen, Widford Industrial Estate, Chelmsford in which no one was hurt.
Crews were alerted at 2.58am after fire alarms went off in the single storey industrial unit measuring 50m x 60m. On arrival at the incident, firefighters reported that the building was well alight and heavily smoke logged.
Two engines were sent to tackle the incident, but additional back up was needed and by 3.20am six pumps and one aerial ladder platform were being used to douse the flames.
A joint police and fire service investigation will today be carried out to establish the cause of the fire, which is not thought to be suspicious.
An almost identical incident happened at the same building on October 25.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 6 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 7 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 8 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket