Little Bentley: Motorist who died after crash on A120 was 90-year-old man from Harwich area
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A motorist who died after a two-vehicle crash in north-east Essex was a 90-year-old man from the Harwich area, police have said.
The Peugeot 206 he was driving was involved in a collision with a heavy goods vehicle on the A120 near Little Bentley at around 4.30pm yesterday.
A passenger in the car, a woman in her 70s who is also from the Harwich area, sustained serious injuries and remains in Colchester General Hospital.
Essex Police are investigating and today said formal identification has not yet been carried out on the 90-year-old man from the Harwich area who died following the collision.
The westbound carriageway of the A120 was closed until just before 9pm while police carried out initial investigations.
You may also want to watch:
The collision happened when the car joined the westbound carriageway from Harwich Road, Little Bentley.
Witnesses or people with information about the collision are urged to call the Essex Police Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets