Frantic Friday – travel updates for Suffolk and north Essex for the great Christmas getaway
As many prepare to wrap up working for the festive break, we bring you live travel updates for Suffolk and north Essex ahead of the great Christmas getaway – which has been dubbed as Frantic Friday.
The live stream below will give you the latest on the roads and rails for Friday, December 23.
According to the AA, an estimated 13 million motorists across the UK plan to drive more than 20 miles, with Christmas shopping traffic combined with festive holidaymakers.
Advice from the road organisation is for people to check before they travel and to use alternative routes or set off at a quieter time if possible.
Highways England has lifted almost 400 miles of roadworks across the country to help minimise disruption, with Essex and Suffolk county councils also following suit and suspending all but emergency works from tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
The AA has also reiterated general winter driving advice, such as checking your lights are working, that windscreen wash and anti-freeze levels are topped up, and that tyres are at the correct pressure.
• Spotted an incident on the roads? Let us know, if it is safe and legal to do so, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 5 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 9 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 10 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border