Living room devastated by blaze

A BLAZE tore through the living room of a house in Ipswich today.

A BLAZE tore through the living room of a house in Ipswich today.

The drama took place at a detached property in Old Norwich Road at 12.49pm.

Three fire crews from Ipswich - one from the Colchester Road HQ and two from Princes Street - were dispatched to the scene.

Wearing breathing apparatus and using two hose reel jets, firefighters brought the flames under control by 1.22pm.


You may also want to watch:


The house was unoccupied at the time and no-one was hurt.

While the fire was contained in the downstairs living room, the house suffered extensive smoke damage.

Most Read

It is believed the blaze was caused by an electrical fault.

A fire service spokesman said two cats were rescued by the crews during the incident.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus