Last chance to see the gardens you’ve transformed in lockdown
- Credit: DAVID PEEK
Here are the final entries in our incredibly popular lockdown gardens competition - and we’ve saved some of the best until last.
With the coronavirus restrictions leaving people with more time to tend to their back yards, we invited you to send in pictures of how you had spruced up your gardens during the lockdown.
The warm and sunny weather encouraged many of you to get out there and recreate your gardens.
And what amazing results - dozens of photos have been sent to the EADT and Star showing an array of colourful plants, comfy seating areas and even some water features.
After the competition closed for submissions on June 15, we published pictures until June 20.
However, there were so many beautiful last-minute ones we had to share with you.
David Peek’s garden has lots of colourful flowers, while it seems there is plenty growing in James Hardy’s 400sq m garden - which has two greenhouses.
- 1 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 2 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 3 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 10 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
Paul Day’s garden has so many eye-catching floral displays and a water feature, while Sophie Orme’s garden has a very snug looking outdoor sofa for enjoying the sunshine.
Enjoy Gardening More head gardener Peter McDermott is currently judging the hundreds of entries, analysing, assessing and awarding marks before deciding who takes away the prizes. The winners will be announced in the week commencing July 6.
Prizes to be awarded are:
? £200 to spend with enjoygardeningmore.co.uk (garden over 150 square metres)
? £100 to spend with enjoygardeningmore.co.uk (garden over 150 square metres)
? £50 to spend with enjoygardeningmore.co.uk (garden under 150 square metres)
Archant Community Media Ltd will solely use the data provided for the purpose of running the competition, including contacting winners and the distribution of any prize.