Logistics company celebrates as new £0.5m loading dock opens
- Credit: Archant
A family-owned logistics firm has celebrated the opening of a new half a million pound facility.
Anglia Freight, based at Mid Suffolk business Park at Eye, has expanded its capacity by installing a cross dock facility for handling goods.
The firm, launched by Geoff and Carolyn Moulton, is now run by the next generation of their family and employs more than 80 staff.
It became a member of the Palletline distribution system in 1995, partnered with the Hazchem Network in 1997 and gained ISO quality accreditation in 2004.
It was joined on Saturday by senior representatives of Palletline and the HazChem Network for the official launch.
You may also want to watch:
The investment will enable it to continue the rapid growth it has seen over recent years and further improve services, quality and safety at the site.
Managing director Douglas Shawcross said: “Having operated our pallet handling and delivery service from Suffolk for over 20 years, this is an exciting expansion for us.
- 1 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 2 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 9 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
“The new cross dock facility will allow us to rapidly unload deliveries and load items straight on to other vehicles in a covered, dry environment.
“This quicker and safer process improves the speed and quality of service for our customers and significantly increases the volume of pallets that Anglia Freight can handle.”
The facility provides a 17,000sq ft covered loading and unloading area connected to the warehouse, and includes low energy lighting and solar power generation.
The opening was performed by Amy Liston of Palletline and Nada Marinovic of The HazChem Network, in front of around 100 members of the Anglia Freight team and their families.
Amy Liston, head of commercial Development for Palletline plc, said: “Anglia Freight are a true example of a traditional Palletline member, with their leadership having helped to shape our network. I wish them all congratulations on the opening of this new cross dock facility, helping them go from strength to strength.”
Nada Marinovic, sales director for The HazChem Network, added: “I was delighted to be asked to help open this excellent cross dock facility, as it’s incredibly important that companies like Anglia Freight are protecting clients’ hazardous substance consignments in this way.”
The expansion was supported by New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership through the Growing Business Fund.
Douglas Shawcross said that ongoing investment had resulted in “huge growth”. “We are sure our new cross dock facility will support our continued expansion.”