London Boat Show 2018: The Suffolk Yacht Harbour
- Credit: Archant
A handcrafted bow of a boat will take centre stage at The Suffolk Yacht Harbour stand at the London Boat Show, showcasing many of the specialist techniques used by the boatyard team.
The SYH takes the stand with on-site businesses Evolution Rigging, One Sails, French Marine Motors, East Anglian Sea School, Seapower Marine Electronics and Mr. Stainless.
Celebrating its half century, the 550-berth marina on the River Orwell near Levington, just outside of Ipswich, serves thousands sailors every year.
The east coast’s largest independent marina has a purpose-built Harbour Centre at its heart and has invested significantly to refurbish the workshop and overhaul the shower facilities.
Looking forward to telling showgoers more about its business, SYH managing director and keen sailor Jonathan Dyke says: “We are constantly investing and improving Suffolk Yacht Harbour to attract more visitors to Suffolk with our first class facilities.
You may also want to watch:
“This year our focus has been on the shower block, which would not look out of place in a boutique hotel,” he adds.
The new building has
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 9 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
individual wet and dry areas, under-floor heating, LED lighting and modern fittings.
The biggest and busiest building at the marina is the purpose-built boatyard workshop with its team of boatbuilders repairing and restoring boats.
SYH offers the largest boat lifting and launching facilities between Bridlington in Yorkshire and the Solent on the south coast and has 12 on-site businesses from rigging and sails to marine electronics, brokerage services and a sea school and two chandleries.
At the show find SYH on the main walkway near the famous Guinness Bar at stand LD172.