Woman from London jailed for dealing drugs outside Suffolk McDonald’s
- Credit: ARCHANT
A young woman who came to Suffolk from London to deal drugs has been jailed for 42 months.
Tillie-mae Townsend was arrested in Bury St Edmunds after police officers saw her and a man hand something to a man outside a McDonald’s restaurant, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
When Townsend was approached by police officers, she claimed she was 15 and had unsuccessfully tried to run off, said Andrew Jackson, prosecuting.
She admitted having drugs in her possession and in her coat pocket officers found nine wraps of heroin and 25 wraps of heroin.
A knife was also found in her bag and £335 cash.
You may also want to watch:
Townsend, 22, of Arbuthnot Road, Lewisham, admitted possessing heroin and cocaine with intent to supply and possessing a knife.
She also admitted being in breach of a two-year custodial sentence, suspended for two years.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 4 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 9 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 10 190 homes plan in Bramford village will meet 'rising demand' for housing
Salam Lalani, for Townsend, said her client was young and vulnerable and had been exploited.
“She is sorry for what she has done,” said Miss Lalani.