Lines to London re-open after person hit by train
- Credit: Archant
All lines between Shenfield and Chelmsford have now reopened and disruptions have ended after someone was hit by a train earlier today.
Disruption is expected until 17:00 today.
Emergency services were called to the incident between Chelmsford and Shenfield shortly after 12pm.
As a result of the incident trains were not running between the two station blocking lines from East Anglia from reaching London Liverpool Street.
Greater Anglia put on some on extra trains between Norwich and Chelmsford to try to help ease passenger numbers.
You may also want to watch:
They have also advised passengers to travel via Cambridge to reach London.
A statement on their website read: “Between London Liverpool Street and Ipswich/Norwich the following alternative routes are available in both directions:
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 3 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 6 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 7 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 9 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
“Passengers may travel from Liverpool Street to Cambridge.
“Passengers may also travel from Liverpool Street on London Underground services to Kings Cross using the Circle, Hammersmith and City and Metropolitan lines between Liverpool Street and Kings Cross and the Northern line between Moorgate and Kings Cross.
“From here take a Great Northern train service to Cambridge for Greater Anglia services between Cambridge and Ipswich and Norwich. Greater Anglia Tickets will be valid in both directions. The journey time for this is around 2.5 hours.
“We are trying to arrange buses to operate between Shenfield and Chelmsford but have so far been unsuccessful.
Customers travelling between Liverpool Street and Ipswich/Norwich may travel via Cambridge.
“From Cambridge please use Greater Anglia local services to Ipswich/Norwich.”
More to follow.