Long Melford: Teenager arrested after girl, 17, assaulted outside Melford Hall in Suffolk village
A teenager has been arrested after a 17-year-old girl was assaulted outside a stately home in a Suffolk village.
Police were called to reports of the incident in High Street, Long Melford, outside Melford Hall, at around 1pm on Friday.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “A 17-year-old female teenager was approached by a male teenager who assaulted her in the face, causing swelling to her nose and a cut to her eyebrow.”
A 19-year-old male teenager from the Long Melford area was arrested on suspicion of assault ABH and has been bailed to return to Bury Police Investigation Centre on December 2.
The force spokesman added: “The victim was assisted by several members of the public, but no details were taken from them.
You may also want to watch:
The offender walked off.”
Witnesses or people with information relating to this incident are urged to call police on 101.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results