Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after double HGV crash
- Credit: NSRAPT
A lorry driver has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after his vehicle collided with another HGV, blocking one lane of a busy road.
Suffolk Constabulary confirmed officers were called to the A142 Fordham Road, near Newmarket and the A14, at 1.05pm today (Friday, December 13) after receiving reports of a crash between two lorries.
Police have arrested a man on suspicion of drinking excess alcohol in connection with the incident.
One lane of the A142 has been blocked by the lorries, with recovery efforts underway.
Police remain at the scene and traffic is building on the A142.
You may also want to watch:
There were no injuries as a result of the incident.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots