Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after double HGV crash
- Credit: NSRAPT
A lorry driver has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after his vehicle collided with another HGV, blocking one lane of a busy road.
Suffolk Constabulary confirmed officers were called to the A142 Fordham Road, near Newmarket and the A14, at 1.05pm today (Friday, December 13) after receiving reports of a crash between two lorries.
Police have arrested a man on suspicion of drinking excess alcohol in connection with the incident.
One lane of the A142 has been blocked by the lorries, with recovery efforts underway.
Police remain at the scene and traffic is building on the A142.
There were no injuries as a result of the incident.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 7 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 8 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 9 'A good team and well-coached' - Bolton boss Evatt on Town
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years