Lorry strikes rail bridge in Bacton causing 40 minute train delays
- Credit: Archant
Main line rail services are being delayed this morning because a lorry has collided with a bridge.
The incident happened shortly after 9am at the bridge carrying the railway from Ipswich to Norwich over Pound Hill in Bacton.
Suffolk Constabulary has been informed and is attending the incident which is also delaying road traffic.
Train operator Abellio Greater Anglia said Network Rail engineers also went to the site to assess the damage.
Both lines across the bridge are now open but 40 minute delays are expected to some services travelling between Stowmarket and Diss in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
This disruption is expected to last until 12noon.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 8 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 9 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season