Lowestoft: 88-year-old man hit over head with glass bottle and robbed
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses are sought after an 88-year-old man was hit over the head with a glass bottle and robbed.
The incident happened at around 5.10pm in St Margaret’s Churchyard in Lowestoft.
The man was hit across the back of the head with a bottle and had his wallet stolen.
The offender is described as a white man, in his early 20s, with longish dark hair. He was wearing a blue jacket with red flashed over the pocket.
He is reported to have run off down St Margaret’s Road in the direction of the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
The victim suffered a small amount of bleeding as a result of the attack and was left shaken.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call Lowestoft CID on 101, quoting CAD 377 of 31 July, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview