‘Bright and intelligent boy’ died from overdose in flat

20-year-old Megan Johnson was found in her bedroom by her father and sadly died after CPR was carrie

20-year-old Megan Johnson was found in her bedroom by her father and sadly died after CPR was carried out for more than an hour, an inquest has heard. Picture: ADAM HOWLETT - Credit: Archant

A young man from Lowestoft died as a result of an accidental overdose, an inquest has heard.

Ford Elliston, 23, was found dead in his Lowestoft flat on the evening of Friday August 9, 2019.

Mr Elliston was described by his father as a "bright and intelligent boy" at the inquest at Suffolk Coroner's court yesterday.

It was his sister, May Elliston, who went to visit the flat in Lyndhurst Road after Molly Diwell, his girlfriend, had called her with concerns for his welfare.

His family said that he had been taking recreational drugs from the age of 16 and had already suffered one overdose, as well as taking prescription medication for his mental health.


You may also want to watch:


In a statement from his doctor, Suffolk Coroner's court heard that Mr Elliston suffered anxiety and depression throughout the later years of his life and had struggled to maintain friendships and relationships.

He 'didn't see the point' of them and felt very self conscious around other people, feeling more comfortable alone.

Most Read

The cause of death was found to be an accidental overdose.

Stephen Elliston, his father, is now keen for people to understand the dangers of mixing both prescription and recreational drugs.

Need to talk? Contact the Samaritans on 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus