Lowestoft care home to host ‘right royal knees up’ for wedding of the year
- Credit: WILL DENNEHY
A Lowestoft care home is set to celebrate this year’s most hotly anticipated wedding in style with a ‘right royal knees up’ this weekend.
Britten Court care home on the appropriately named Love Road in Lowestoft is opening its doors to the local community for a special celebration on Saturday, May 19, to raise a glass to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
The home will be adorned with union jack bunting and residents will have their British flags at the ready for a live screening of the wedding. The care team has also organised a special garden party with traditional lawn games, including croquet and a ring toss.
To top off the day’s festivities, a member of the Care UK team and a Britten Court resident will be crowned the prince and princess of the day.
Chloe Swarbrick, home manager at Britten Court, said: “It’s been a busy few years for the royals, with big birthdays, anniversaries and new additions to the family – conversations around the Queen and her children are never too far from our lips here at Britten Court.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re delighted to be able to bring out the bunting once again, this time to celebrate the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. We’re looking forward to commemorating the big day with the people of Lowestoft and raising a glass to the happy couple!”
For football fans, the care team is also putting on a special screening of the FA Cup Final in the home’s cinema. There will also be a selection of snacks and shandies for football fans to enjoy while they watch the game.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12