Lowestoft: Flames engulf first floor flat
A BLAZE engulfed the first floor of a Suffolk terraced property.
Four fire crews were sent to the incident in High Street, Lowestoft, shortly after 2.50am today.
Initial reports suggested that a number of people could have been inside the property, but a spokesperson for the fire service said that this was due to it being a block of flats.
The first floor flat of the three storey property was found to be well alight and crews used two door enforcers to enter the property.
After searching the building, all people were finally accounted for.
You may also want to watch:
Wearing four sets of breathing apparatus and using two hose reel jets the incident was brought under control by 4am.
Thermal imaging cameras were also used to ensure that hot spots had not spread to any other areas of the property.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!