Lowestoft: Funeral takes place of three children found dead in their home
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The funeral has been held of three young children who were found dead in their south Lowestoft home after their mother fell to her death from a multi-storey car park.
The service for Levina, three, Addy, two and 11-month-old Kayden McLelland was held this morning at the Church of St Peter and St John in Kirkley.
The youngsters were found dead on Monday, April 15, at their flat in London Road South.
The discovery of their bodies was made after their mother Fiona Anderson, 23, died after falling from the Battery Green multi-storey car park earlier that day.
During the funeral the songs Songbird by Ronan Parke and I’ll See You Again by Westlife were played.
After the service the Rev Andrew White said it would take decades for relatives to ge over the tragedy and they were taking it one small step at a time.
The father of the three children, Craig McLelland, reportedly did not want his children to be buried with their mother, who was heavily pregnant when she died.
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 3 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 4 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 5 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 8 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 9 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 10 Five new flats to replace redundant builder's yard
No date has been set yet for Miss Anderson’s funeral.
An inquest heard in April that post-mortem examination results on Levina, Addy and Kayden had not determined their cause of death and further tests were needed.
Police have said they are not looking for anyone else in connection with their deaths.